Tuesday: we drove past a house for sale that was in our price range, looked good on the website, pretty good position. We had a chat and decided we would leave it for another 6-12 months, just keep renting, save our money to get a bigger deposit.
|Real estate photo of living room|
Friday: A house showed up on real-estate.com. We both loved the look of it, but it was a bit out of our price range. Plus, we had decided just days earlier that we were going to wait a bit. So we closed the page, and planned to get on with our life, including driving to Brisbane the next day to buy a suit.
|Real estate photo of bedroom|
Saturday: It rained, and rained all night long. L had to work at 4, and we were afraid we might get stuck on the motorway if it kept raining, or if there was a crash, so we went to breakfast overlooking the beach. And started talking about the house we saw. We decided it could't hurt to have a look (famous last words), and rang the real estate agent. There was an open house in half an hour...
|Real estate photo of outside|
We went along. We loved it-yeah, it was an older house, and had been a rental for years, so needed work, but it felt like home. We went back to our unit, talked it over, and decided to put in an offer.
|Real estate photo of top back deck|
It was accepted. We started signing contracts on Monday, and 30 days later it was ours.
On a side note-a 30 day settlement is ridiculous! But it all worked out in the end, moving matched up with my holidays and we were in by Easter.