"The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 300 followers, and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer.It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
I've already found some great new blogs from Natalie's links, and can't wait to sit down and read them!
11 Random Facts About Me:1. I drink about 10 cups of tea a day. Especially Earle Grey. I will drink a tea last thing at night and first thing in the morning.
2. I am a Today girl for my breakfast tv, can't stand Sunrise.
3. I can be a bit anal-I like things labeled, colour coded and to have a spot. L is the opposite.
4.I love rugby league. I am a huge Newcastle Knights tragic. I love my Friday night and Sunday afternoon football.
5. I love travelling. I've been to 28 countries, would go back to each of them, and my travel wish list just continues to grow. Turkey was my favourite!
6. I lived in a sharehouse in London. There were 9 of us who lived there at any one time-two people in each of the 4 double bedrooms, and one in the single bedroom. For 6 weeks there were 15 of us, with 3 people in the lounge room, and 3 others on bedroom floors. We had 3 toilets but only 1 shower.
7. I'm a fast walker, and LOATHE slow walkers, especially when they spread out and you can't get around them.
8. My uni job was in a beef abattoirs. For 3 summers I packed meat. I hated every moment of it. It stank, it was cold, and there were very few women working there. But it paid well.
9. I adore my friends, but can be quite introverted and need my own time to recharge.
10. I have terrible feet. I'm flat footed, have long toes, have weird bumpy bits, and already have bunions.
11. Mosquitoes seek me out, and I'm a bit allergic, so get big itchy welts.
11 Questions from In the Night Sky
1. Do you have a pet? NO :( I want a dog so much, but our yard isn't fenced, and we need to put in a retaining wall before we fence it. I want a lab, or golden retriever. My childhood dog Tess died last year. She was a Jack Russell X Corgie, and she was almost 16. I miss her, even though she didn't live with me anymore.
2. What is your favourite beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic? Apart from tea, I love champagne!
3. What is your dream career or job? I love my job as a special education teacher-at this point I couldn't see myself doing much else, except for Speech Pathology working with kids with disabilities. I spend A LOT of time in my classroom working on communication. It just opens up their worlds...
4. How would you describe your style (in decor or fashion)? Decor-quite traditional, tending towards Hamptons kind of look I guess, as it suits the house and where we live, lots of natural fibres and neutral base, with colour and interest brought in through cushions and accessories.
Fashion-quite similar actually-my 'uniform' is skinny jeans, ballet flats and tops in neutral colours with colourful jewellery or scarves.
5. Do you have a guilty pleasure and what is it? Ferrero Rochers. Yum. And champagne! And buying magazines. I have a few...
6. What is your favourite annual holiday? I love Australia Day-not in the bogan, nationalistic way, but it's the end of summer and my holidays, it's no pressure, relaxed and chilled out-BBQs, friends, beach, Hottest 100 on the radio.
7. Is this your first time writing for the public? Yep
8. How do you manage your blogging time in your day to day life? I really enjoy it, but it comes last. Usually at night after dinner, or on the weekend, often while I'm watching tv. It's after me time, my relationship, work, house stuff.
9. What has been the biggest surprise you have found with blogging? How much I have enjoyed it, and also how it has motivated me to get things done. I could have put painting downstairs off for another few months, but I'm so glad we didn't. Also, I love looking at the stats!
10. Does family support your blogging habit or do you live in fear of an intervention? L doesn't really mind, or notice.
11. Have you developed any rules or advice yet, to share with bloggers? Not really, I've only recently started, and don't have a huge following, but I think keep it enjoyable. If it feels like a chore to write it will read that way.
I'd like to link up to a few blogs-I'm a few short. Rebel. And I'm going to ask the same questions.
1. Caberet's Ramblings
2. Elsee Blog
3. Quite Delightful
4. The Sea and Me Change
5. Hermosa Vogue
6. Running in Cute Heels
7. Carbon Chic
8. Lady Bear
There's a bit of a mix there-fashion, house, life...