Then last weekend friends asked if they could stay with us for a few weeks-they are in the process of buying a place, but their lease is up and they couldn't extend it for a few weeks while they settle. We decided to put them downstairs so we both have a bit of privacy and a bathroom. Which meant we had one week to paint the trim. As L had had his wisdoms out we had nothing planned, so I spent Saturday afternoon sanding the skirtings, and Sunday morning taping and painting.
|I freehanded the top, but wanted to protect the floors, so went through almost a roll of tape|
They already had water based paint on there, and we wanted a white white, so they stood out against the Antique White USA walls (more upstairs where we have original wide floorboards), so put on Aqua-enamal from Dulux. After spending a huge amount of time looking at swatches I asked the guy at the paint shop what was the closest white to ceiling white (I liked the contrast, and it didn't make the walls look dirty). He said it was basically Lexicon Quarter-a drop of black, so that's what I went with. In the end we only went with 1 coat. The were in quite good condition initially, and really just needed freshening up, and we put a whiter white on them.
|Not much green left anymore|
So happy with how they turned out, and how much better the room looks. We still have a bit at the top of the stairs to finish, as L wasn't up to painting, and I refuse to do that bit, but people staying wont affect that.
Here's a before... so much better now.