Thursday 26 September 2013

christmas planning

Did you know that yesterday marked 3 months until Christmas?

We will be hosting our first Christmas this year, which is exciting and a bit nerve-wracking! L is a shift worker in the health field, and in addition to some early morning starts (4 o'clock wake up this morning), late night finishes (one shift finishes at 11pm), middle of the night call outs to work, and regular weekend work, they have to cover public holidays. He has last Christmas off, so he'll have to work at some stage over Christmas this year.

For Christmas 2011 I left him alone up here, and I felt awful, despite cooking him a ham and shortbread, and driving back early on Boxing Day, and the knowledge that I would have been alone on Christmas while he was at work.

We've had a tree the last few Christmases, but it's only been small. Our ornaments have been mostly glass, white, silver and a little gold, and I think I'll stick with that kind of theme again this year-I'm not massive on lots of red and green, and with our purple lounge room, kitchen and dining room, and blue exterior it will keep it from being a colour explosion!
Here are some of my inspiration ideas, mostly to DIY (which is the ONLY reason I'm already thinking of Christmas!!!)

Wall bunting:
link
link- a fun Sydney blog-this is her DIY take on tassel streamers
link
The next two are from the same etsy shop, but look easy enough to DIY
link
link
Table decorations:
diy glitter votives
link
contemporary  by The Happy Home Blog
link


DIY Yarn-wrapped letters, Mission: Merry, The Proper Pinwheel, Mantle Decor, Holiday Decor,Yarn Crafts, Christmas projects
link

6 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe it's only 3 months away. I love the tassles - the gold/silver combo will be stunning! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where the year has gone!!! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention! I've been meaning to do a proper tutorial for the streamers on the blog.

    I love those Christmas tree cones! I noticed DJ's had a Christmas set up in one of their windows. So crazy! But I guess it is the start of the 'ber' months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your streamers! Looking forward to seeing the tutorial!
      x

      Delete
  3. You have some great ideas there, those DIY buntings look great. Im hosting my first Christmas this year as well, its scary but exciting too! The fun part is deciding on the colour theme, Im still not sure but Im kind of leaning towards a gold glittery theme ... or maybe the other end of the scale and an Australiana type theme with whites and native flowers. Hmmm few more weeks to make my mind up I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty! I'm looking forward to Christmas. I think our parents are a bit sad/excited that it's moving on too! x

      Delete

Tell me what you think-I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...