Sunday 15 September 2013

DIY lace bunting

Remember how I posted about about facing my sewing fears, and sewing lengths of lace bunting for reception decorations?
Here is a visual reminder:


The more I looked at it, the more I realised I wasn't entirely happy with how the ribbon was hanging-it kind of puckered a bit, and just didn't hang quite as well as I had hoped. What to do, what to do?

I unpicked it all, and started again! This time I researched it a bit more, and discovered biased binding was more appropriate. 18 meters of unpicking.... 

But.... it looked fantastic on the night, and I was much happier with it! You may even catch a back view of the bride... (excude the blurring of the faces...)



6 comments:

  1. Bunting looks fab, dress looks amazing! More pics please? mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I LOVED my dress. I'll pop some pics up when I get them good ones back from the photographer! x

      Delete
  2. Very pretty dress. Lace bunting sounds daunting, glad it all came together in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I just jumped in and bought the materials and did it one weekend, without really thinking and freaking myself out. And once i'd done it, I realised it wasn't too bad-straight lines really- and wouldn't be too tricky to fix. It was just a night of frustrating unpicking in front of a movie. x

      Delete
  3. Congrats! Sewing can addictive so look out! Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! My mum and grandma always sewed (it's actually my grandma's old machine), and I've always wanted to be better. Cushions next!! Just need to find some nice fabric! x

      Delete

Tell me what you think-I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...