Friday 6 September 2013

wedding DIY

We had our wedding on the 31st of August, and it was the most incredible day.

Some of our DIY to take to the reception

We had a mix of DIY and having suppliers do things at our wedding. We tried to keep costs down where we could, and we paid for most of it ourselves, with some gifts from our parents, but neither of us could comprehend spending 10s of thousands of dollars on one day. Mum said a few times that she wished she could win the lottery to help us more, but before, and definitely after our wedding we both agreed that we wouldn't change a thing.

It was important to us that we didn't have to call in too many favours on the day to set things up, or stress ourselves out to do it ourselves. L and I also work long hours so didn't want to put too much pressure on ourselves in the lead up-and by that I mean myself. I'm a perfectionist, I don't like people coming over unannounced because my house mightn't be clean, so I was already stressed about the wedding, without adding extra stress!

Often I have great ideas, or see something on the net that looks amazing and easy, but it doesn't always turn out like I hoped (quite a few of the art and craft projects I do with the kids at school!). I'm definitely aware of my limitations, and big on the keeping it simple principal!!

I can't wait to show you all of the things I made!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding! Looking forward to seeing your DIY goodies.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think-I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...