Sunday 23 February 2014

sunday thoughts 23/2

A perfect late afternoon swim at the end of last week
Heaven.
Blogger ate this post from last week, and reverted my draft to an old copy. I didn't realise until mid week (crazy week-and oh so hot up here!) Annoying.... Try again this week :) 

read: the latest Home Beautiful. I found something I loved on every page! Sometimes I can be a bit meh, but there were some beautiful houses that were exactly the style I'm aiming for.

create: Order in some of our closed off areas-behind cupboards and in drawers. 


see: our new (second hand) bedside tables. At last! 


taste:  a delicious salad I've eaten about 3 times this week- chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, goats cheese, and best of all-home grown basil and lettuce-with a olive oil and balsamic dressing. Yum!

hear: the wind roaring through the trees


learn: To do things in the mornings. It's my most productive time of day, and if I spend it on the net, or in front of morning tv my day disappears. If I get up, and get on a roll in the morning, I tick so many things off my list of to dos quickly and easily, and I don't feel guilty about having downtime later in the day.


feel: cool at last

smell: rain, not much, but it smells soooo good!


think: that the year is flying. Trying to slow it down by being more present and in the moment. 


watch: Hart of Dixie-so cute and sweet and light. But I am surprisingly emotionally involved in the characters. I was going to wait and watch all of Season 3 when it finished, but after finally catching up on Season 3 of Game of Thrones last weekend, I needed something happy and fluffy and girly-I was numb.


plan: On making a bed head in the near future. Just nutting it all out.


2 comments:

  1. We just finished Game of Thones Season 3 over the weekend too. I have read the books but it still knocks you for six. Something light-hearted definitely needed after that, I've been getting into My Kitchen Rules this week. Although not much less backstabbing in MKR than Game of Thrones sadly...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think-I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...