Sunday 21 April 2013

liebster award

One of my favourite bloggers Natalie from In the Night Sky nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thanks!! So, what is a Liebster Award? 

"The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 300 followers, and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever nominated them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer.It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."


I've already found some great new blogs from Natalie's links, and can't wait to sit down and read them!

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I drink about 10 cups of tea a day. Especially Earle Grey. I will drink a tea last thing at night and first thing in the morning. 

2. I am a Today girl for my breakfast tv, can't stand Sunrise.


3. I can be a bit anal-I like things labeled, colour coded and to have a spot. L is the opposite. 


4.I love rugby league. I am a huge Newcastle Knights tragic. I love my Friday night and Sunday afternoon football. 


5. I love travelling. I've been to 28 countries, would go back to each of them, and my travel wish list just continues to grow. Turkey was my favourite!


6. I lived in a sharehouse in London. There were 9 of us who lived there at any one time-two people in each of the 4 double bedrooms, and one in the single bedroom. For 6 weeks there were 15 of us, with 3 people in the lounge room, and 3 others on bedroom floors. We had 3 toilets but only 1 shower. 


7. I'm a fast walker, and LOATHE slow walkers, especially when they spread out and you can't get around them.


8. My uni job was in a beef abattoirs. For 3 summers I packed meat. I hated every moment of it. It stank, it was cold, and there were very few women working there. But it paid well.


9. I adore my friends, but can be quite introverted and need my own time to recharge.


10. I have terrible feet. I'm flat footed, have long toes, have weird bumpy bits, and already have bunions. 


11. Mosquitoes seek me out, and I'm a bit allergic, so get big itchy welts. 




11 Questions from In the Night Sky

1. Do you have a pet? NO :( I want a dog so much, but our yard isn't fenced, and we need to put in a retaining wall before we fence it. I want a lab, or golden retriever. My childhood dog Tess died last year. She was a Jack Russell X Corgie, and she was almost 16. I miss her, even though she didn't live with me anymore. 


2. What is your favourite beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic? Apart from tea, I love champagne!


3. What is your dream career or job? I love my job as a special education teacher-at this point I couldn't see myself doing much else, except for Speech Pathology working with kids with disabilities. I spend A LOT of time in my classroom working on communication. It just opens up their worlds...


4. How would you describe your style (in decor or fashion)? Decor-quite traditional, tending towards Hamptons kind of look I guess, as it suits the house and where we live, lots of natural fibres and neutral base, with colour and interest brought in through cushions and accessories. 

Fashion-quite similar actually-my 'uniform' is skinny jeans, ballet flats and tops in neutral colours with colourful jewellery or scarves. 

5. Do you have a guilty pleasure and what is it? Ferrero Rochers. Yum. And champagne! And buying magazines. I have a few...


6. What is your favourite annual holiday? I love Australia Day-not in the bogan, nationalistic way, but it's the end of summer and my holidays, it's no pressure, relaxed and chilled out-BBQs, friends, beach, Hottest 100 on the radio. 


7. Is this your first time writing for the public? Yep


8. How do you manage your blogging time in your day to day life? I really enjoy it, but it comes last. Usually at night after dinner, or on the weekend, often while I'm watching tv. It's after me time, my relationship, work, house stuff. 


9. What has been the biggest surprise you have found with blogging? How much I have enjoyed it, and also how it has motivated me to get things done. I could have put painting downstairs off for another few months, but I'm so glad we didn't. Also, I love looking at the stats!


10. Does family support your blogging habit or do you live in fear of an intervention? L doesn't really mind, or notice. 


11. Have you developed any rules or advice yet, to share with bloggers? Not really, I've only recently started, and don't have a huge following, but I think keep it enjoyable. If it feels like a chore to write it will read that way. 


I'd like to link up to a few blogs-I'm a few short. Rebel. And I'm going to ask the same questions. 

1. Caberet's Ramblings
2. Elsee Blog
3. Quite Delightful
4. The Sea and Me Change
5. Hermosa Vogue
6. Running in Cute Heels
7. Carbon Chic
8. Lady Bear 
There's a bit of a mix there-fashion, house, life... 



10 comments:

  1. I hate my feet too, thank god for cute flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my ballet flats and thongs, but they actually are no good for me too!

      Delete
  2. I'm a Today show watcher and slow walker loather too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award. I will try and get onto my response. I really want to go to Turkey!! 28 countries. WOW. I think I'v only been to 10 or so. My cousin plays for the Knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turkey is amazing! Loved it so much-lovely people and beautiful scenery, Istanbul is so fun, and Gallipoli is heartbreakingly beautiful.
      Wow-do you get to go to the games? Huge fan!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I am with you on the tea! .... and slow walkers! ... and flat feet! I also lived in a share house in London when I was working there. We had 3 bedrooms and 3 in each room. Mattresses everywhere. It was feral. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look back now and am horrified-I don't know how I did it. But I wouldn't change it for the world!

      Delete
  5. I'm close to your daily tea tally! I love tea as well, though I have to have it in a cup, if I have it in a mug, it gets cold and I never finish it!
    <3 Earl Grey!

    Could you possibly do a post about your job? I work in disability and am a 3rd/4th year preservice teacher, it'd be great to hear what you do in a typical day (if there is a typical day!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frith, I wrote back, but my reply seems to have disappeared?? As a teacher I am sure you will get used to drinking cold tea! :)
      I probably won't do a whole post about my job, it's not really the direction I want to take my blog, but send me an email with any questions and I will answer as best I can and tell you all about it. I really love my job-but it can be quite crazy-as I'm sure you know!

      Delete

Tell me what you think-I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...